Monday 18 June 2012

Origins Mega Mushroom kit review

I really wanted to try the mega mushroom skin relief face cream. This is supposed to help get rid of sensitivity and redness. So i went to a CCO and find this little trial pack. So I thought i would give it a whirl. In the pack there is a cleanser, toner, moisturiser and an advanced face serum.

(left to right) cleanser, toner, serum, moisturiser
Mega mushroom skin relief face cleanser
The face cleanser I have only tried a few times but I stopped using it because i felt like it just wasn't doing anything for my skin. I usually use the Liz Earle hot cloth cleaner and wasn't as good as it so I just couldn't carry on using it.It is a foaming cleanser and it did kind of dry my skin out a bit.

Mega mushroom skin relief soothing facial lotion 50ml
The toner I must say is very nice I do think that it has helped with my blackheads and just overall helping clean and clear out my skin. But for the redness I think that it does help with say a spot that is very inflamed and red then this does help with reducing the redness but my red cheeks i don't think that it helped with that at all.

Mega mushroom skin relief soothing face cream
The moisturiser I do really like this was the while reason why i bought the pack in the first place. It moisturises really well and really hydrates your skin without it felling greasy and i found that it did really sink into the skin pretty fast to. But it is kind of the same as the toner it helped with red spots and reduces that kind of redness. But it hasn't got rid of my very red cheeks or stopped my blushing.

Mega mushroom skin relief advanced face serum 
The serum i didn't use much because i think that this is supposed to be used when say you have just woken up and there is a very red inflamed spot on your face and you want to reduce that quickly then this will do the job. It really did do the job I had a very red spot on day out of nowhere and I popped this on and then put my makeup on and then when i took my makeup off I was so surprised that the redness had actually nearly all gone. I then put it on again at night and in the morning it wasn't red anymore.
(left to right) cleanser, toner, moisturiser, serum

So overall if you are prone to getting red spot and you want to keep them at bay then i definitely would recommend this set. But if you have very red cheeks or have rosacea i wouldn't recommend this because personally it didn't do anything for my extremely red cheeks. I would recommend the toner and moisturiser on there own because they were very nice if you are just looking for a simple moisturiser that is good for your skin and just a simple toner that will make your skin feel clean and fresh then I would recommend these products individually.

I am still on the hunt for a product that will get rid of my red cheeks and hopefully stop me blushing for no reason. If you have any recommendations please let me know. I hope you found this helpful and thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment