Sunday 3 June 2012

In spirit of the Queen's Diamond Jubilee

Today is the Queen's diamond jubilee. Which I am really getting in the mood for, so I thought that I would make a blog post about it about what I have been doing to get in the mood.

I have done some union jack flags on my nails, to get into the spirit of things.


If you want to know how to do it then click here.Union Jack nail tutorial

Then on the my right hand I just did red,white and blue on different nails.


These are the colours I used:


 (left to right) Essie's 331 swing velvet, elf's white
and Barry M's 291 blue

I love all of these nail polishes except for elf's white. It is just that you have to try very hard to make it look nice. Maybe this is with all whites I don't know, this is the only white I have. That's why I used it even though I don't particularly like it that much. I do love elf nail polishes still, I think this colour is just a one off.

Now because I was in the mood I thought that I would bake something in the British theme as well, so I mad scones. I followed the recipe from this blog My kind of red, white and blue!. A little shout out to this blog (I'mnotachef) it gives amazing recipes and really helps me find new ways to use up leftovers. I must say they tastes amazing. I would like to say that it was down to my baking skills, but I think I really do owe this to the recipe. I won't show you a picture of mine because they don't look as lovely as hers but they still tastes really good.

I think that is just a lovely occasion and if you are, like me watching it on the TV. You will know how beautiful it looks too even though, unfortunately it is raining.

No comments:

Post a Comment