Tuesday 28 August 2012

Bourjois healthy mix battle

Which ones better the healthy mix original or the healthy mix serum?
 As you can see I have nearly used up the Bourjois healthy mix foundation original. I absolutely love this foundation it is very nice and the Bourjois foundation shades are amazing for pale skin people like me (I have the Serum in shade 52 and the Original in shade 51). So when I found out that they were bringing out a healthy mix serum I was very tempted, at first I did hold back  for a little while but eventually I just couldn't hold back any longer.

(L to R)serum, original

Coverage?
The Bourjois healthy mix serum I would say has a light to medium coverage it is a very nice everyday foundation.
The Bourjois healthy mix has a medium to buildable coverage this used to be my everyday foundation but now that my skin is getting a little bit better I have been liking a lighter coverage for day time.
Finish?
They both say that they leave a semi matte finish.The Serum has a satin finish very natural looking. The   Original has a more dewy finish not overly dewy but definitely more dewy than the Serum. But again still natural looking.
Texture?
The Serum has a very light texture and it feels like your not even wearing makeup. The Original has a slightly thicker texture but it is still light on the skin.
Lasting power?
The Serum last for about up to 8 hours looking perfect. The Original last for about up to 9 hours looking perfect. I do use a primer and foundations do tend to last on my skin quite well anyway.
Packaging?
The Serum has a very nice glass bottle which I do think looks more expensive. The original has a plastic bottle and a black lid which I do think looks sophisticated. 
Pumps?
I know that this is a odd one but I thought i would share my opinion. The Serum has a very nice pump because it distributes just the right amount of product. The Original pump is a little bit harder to control.
Which one is better?
It really depends on what you are looking for in terms of coverage. If you are looking for a natural everyday foundation I would recommend the serum. If you are looking for a medium coverage foundation that will cover most of your imperfections but still looks quite natural then I would recommend the Original.
 
Overall my favourite is the Healthy mix serum it is my kind of everyday foundation that looks natural but still covers. But I do still love the Healthy mix original for say if I was having a bad skin day or sometimes I just want a fuller coverage. I love them both but I love the serum more.
 
I hope this has helped you decide which Bourjois healthy mix foundation you want or hopefully you at least understand the differences between them.

4 comments:

  1. thank you for the comparison. Just wondering do they differ in colour at all???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! In the picture the serum is in 52 and original in 51 but I did recently buy the original in 52 and it is slightly darker and more yellow toned than the serum. Hope this helps, thanks for commenting :) xx

      Delete
  2. I've just brought the new healthy mix serum to see if it works for people with sensitive skin for my new blog. You're post helped, thanks x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you I'm glad it helped, your blog looks good. Thanks for commenting x

      Delete